Thursday, January 7, 2010

Children See. .. Children DO!!!!

Children are our most valuable natural resource. - Herbert Hoover

Have you ever wondered where the habits you unknowingly use in your everyday life came from? Things from small simple to addictions and the feeling of a downward spiraling lifestyle that has been brought upon you because it is the lifestyle you were raised in. Chances are, and just like people say , you will turn out like your parents. Few people have the courage or desire to change when it comes to the type of household they were raised in.
Children see children do. When children see something for so long they start to believe that it in turn is right , because its all that they know. When that child is brought into a society where there are different beliefs , such as more structured ones, there is then that ability to identify something does not seem right with that precious child. Perhaps, its the fact that they are running around, yelling and screaming for your attention, or maybe they are sitting quietly just by themselves playing, or maybe the child who every time they speak has a rude hostile attitude towards their parents.
Whatever the case may be, you need to step back for one minute and look, compare that child to their parent, and when you do you will be amazed. I seen a child today who his mother was so caught up in talking to everyone , ignoring him and not giving him one second of her time. Remember that one second of time to a child is a lifetime contributions to they way they behave and perceive things. At work theres this 4 year old little boy, the same one whos mother I has seen ignoring him today. I had always heard that this little guy , was somewhat of a pain in the butt, one night when the alarm system had gone off due to a malfunction of the sprinker , i was at the frontdesk and his mom ran up, she said " im just making sure my son didnt press anything he shouldnt have" .. I couldnt believe what I was hearing, how could someone say something like that about a child? No matter what that child does, there has to be something deeper, there is always something more and you always need to look deeper into it. That still never changed my opinion, i never thought anymore about it though, until tonight. He was at work again, and he started to follow me around. My passion for kids is well known around work, so it was no surprise I had stopped to talk to him when he was following me around. While he was walking behind me, he had notice the hallway was full of people, so he told me to be careful because of it. Immediately i knew he was a very smart child for some reason just being able to pick up on things like these, I knew he wasnt going to act out of hand with me either, i could already sense that.
He had a Nintendo DS in his hand, I could tell he was excited because he had mentioned he got it for Christmas ! I started to ask him questions, and i could see his eyes light up, I was paying attention to him, the one thing a child truly thrives on. It blows my mind how a child so small could be so smart and to be able to basically have the defense mechanism of fight or flight in place in the way of " you dont pay attention to me, i dont pay attention to you" , ie, doing things that are out of line, to get attention when such a small simple thing could achieve such a heart of happiness. I would love to be the person to show him the way, i love children and believe they should live an excellent childhood emotionally because it impacts so many things in the long run, children are all young, innocent and cannot make decisions for themselves. If they are born with a type of behavior in their world, they become used to it, and they grow up defining their way of reacting to a certain situation based on the experiences in their childhood.




CHECK THIS LINK.. It's worth a second !!!!


http://www.guzer.com/videos/children_see_children_do.php

No comments:

Post a Comment